“Summer of Trek 2019” Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 states of the US and the District of Columbia, Canada (with the exclusion of the province of Quebec), and Mexico who are 21 years or older at the time of entry and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the Sponsor, Simon & Schuster, Inc. and Entertainment Cruise Productions (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and members of their immediate families (spouses and parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses) and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are not eligible to enter the Summer of Trek 2019 Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) or win a prize.
2. Promotion Period. The “Promotion Period” begins on June 4th, 2019 at 12:01 AM ET and ends on September 8th, 2019 at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be chosen on or about September 16th, 2019.
3. How to Enter: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online via the entry pages at www.eaglemossgiveaways.com or www.shop.eaglemoss.com/ Summer-of-Trek-2019. Automated or robotic entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to submit more than one entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods except as provide below in “Referrals”, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/Prize Draw subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant's entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All entries must be submitted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to eligible. The Sponsor's database clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT UNCONDITIONALLY ACCEPTS AND AGREES TO COMPLY WITH AND ABIDE BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR WHICH SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS. The Sponsor is responsible for the collection, of entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the Sweepstakes in whole or in part at any time during the Promotion Period.
4. Referrals: You are given one (1) additional entry into the Summer of Trek Sweepstakes for every successful referral. A successful referral is an eligible person using your link to enter the Sweepstakes themselves. There is no limit on how many referrals can be sent or converted. The Sponsor will bar anyone who tries to submit multiple false entries in the referral system.
5. Winner selection: The potential winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a drawing on or about September 16th, 2019 from among all eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. The potential winners will be notified within 24 hours of the drawing by way of email or phone. Upon notification, the selected entrant, if a resident of Canada, must, unaided, correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. In the event that a selected entrant is unable to answer the skill-testing question correctly, the Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify said entrant and to randomly draw another eligible entry, and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released, discharged and held harmless from and against any liability or responsibility in this regard. The potential winners must accept the prize as awarded within 72 hours of notification. Any potential winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential Grand Prize winner and companion traveler, who must be 21 years or older at the time of prize notification will each be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility, a release of liability and provide a completed W-9 within 72 hours of notification. Failure to submit all necessary documentation will disqualify the potential winner and at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential grand prize winner may be selected. The alternative potential prize winner and his/her companion traveler must complete an affidavit of eligibility and release within 72 hours of notification. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries submitted.
6. Grand Prize: One Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize consists of ONE (1) Oceanview stateroom cabin for two (2) passengers on Star Trek: The Cruise IV. Click here for more details about the cruise. Prize includes mainstage performances, interviews, parties and events presented on the cruise, all meals (gourmet fare in the formal dining room, casual fare at multiple venues open for meals throughout the day), 24 Hour Room service (excluding $7.95 delivery surcharge), Non-Bottled Beverages (i.e. coffee, juices, tea), fitness center, pools, hot tubs, sauna, In room TV and movies (excluding pay-per-view movies), full service room cleaning (twice a day), daily in room fruit presentation. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the cruise is Four Thousand Five Hundred Dollars (Approximate Retail Value “ARV” $4,500 USD).
The value of the Grand Prize may be taxable income to the winner. All federal, state, provincial local and other taxes, costs and expenses relating to the use, acceptance and possession of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the actual value of the prize. Potential winner and his/her companion must have a valid passport and can travel outside their country of residence.
Winner is responsible for gratuities, taxes and port charges (estimated at $235 per passenger). All passport and visa regulations are to be met by the winner and his/her companion in advance of the cruise. Winner and his/her companion must be 21 years or older at the time of entry. If winner cannot travel during the designated period, they must forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Certain restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor is not responsible if the cruise is cancelled for any reason or the cruise line denies access to a winner. No prize substitution or assignment or transfer of prize is permitted. The Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companion are responsible for obtaining any travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that they may wish to obtain (at their own expense) and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. If the Grand Prize winner elects to travel or partake in the Grand Prize with no travel companion, no additional compensation will be awarded
THE GRAND PRIZE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
A. Transportation of any kind to Miami, where the cruise departs from, hotel stays or ground transportation. It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure he/she arrives prior to the departure of the cruise in accordance with cruise line’s requirements. In the circumstances of delay, cancellation or postponement of the cruise no refund will be given for any expenses incurred by the winner.
B. Dining in the specialty restaurants, personal expenses such as photos, souvenirs and excursions, soft drinks and bottled water, alcoholic beverages, specialty coffee drinks, gambling, travel insurance, personal training sessions or spa services.
6. First Prize. One (1) winner will win a 32 GB I-Pad (ARV $329) pre-loaded with the following Discovery Audiobooks: Desperate Hours (ARV $19.99), Drastic Measures (ARV $23.99), Fear Itself (ARV $19.99), The Way to the Stars (ARV $19.99), and The Enterprise War (ARV $23.99). (Total ARV $436.96 USD)
7. Runner up Prizes.
A. Five (5) winners will each win a one-year subscription to the Star Trek Discovery Collection. (ARV $540 USD). The entire year’s subscription will be shipped in one shipment after selection of the prize. (Total ARV $2,700 USD)
B. Five (5) winners will each receive a set of five (5) Discovery Audiobook Downloads. The Audiobook downloads are Desperate Hours (ARV $19.99), Drastic Measures (ARV $23.99), Fear Itself (ARV $19.99), The Way to the Stars (ARV $19.99), and The Enterprise War (ARV $23.99). (Total ARV $539.75 USD).
C. Fifty (50) winners will each receive a set of 5 Discovery Trade Paperbacks. The Trade Paperbacks are: Desperate Hours (ARV $16.00 USD), Drastic Measures (ARV $16.00 USD), Fear Itself (ARV $16.00 USD), The Way to the Stars (ARV $16.00 USD), and The Enterprise War (ARV $16.00 USD) (Total ARV $4,000)
Total ARV for all prizes $16,676.71.
8. Prize terms: No cash or other alternative will be offered in whole or in part for any of the available prizes or gifts except in the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Sponsor, whereby the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or gift of equal or greater value. Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. The Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. The prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within the eligible territories. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. All prizes except the Grand Prize will be delivered within 28 days of the Sponsor receiving acknowledgement of acceptance of a Prize from the winner. If the winner does not claim their prize within 72 hours of being notified, then the prize will be passed on to a new winner. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries submitted. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
10. Limitation of liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of entries Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost email, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Prize Draw. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification. Furthermore SPONSOR, ITS PARENT, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPOYEES, DIRECTOR, AND SHAREHOLDERS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR, NOR LIABLE FOR, ANY PERSONAL INJURY, SICKNESS, DEATH, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, LOSS, EXPENSES, CHARGES, AND/OR PENALTIES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF WINNERS (AND OR THEIR TRAVEL COMPANION) PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ACCEPTANCE OF ANY OF THE PRIZES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TRAVEL ON THE CRUISE SHIP OR ANY EXCURSIONS, A CANCELLATION OF THE CRUISE, THE CRUISE LINE NOT ALLOWING WINNER OR HIS/HER COMPANION TRAVELLER TO BOARD THE SHIP, OR CHANGES IN THE ACTUAL ITINERARY OF THE CRUISE FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER.
11. Winner’s list: To obtain a copy of the winners list, send the request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Summer of Trek 2019 Sweepstakes c/o Eaglemoss Inc, 315 west 36th street, 3rd floor, New York, NY 10018, USA no later than August 31, 2020. Winners List will be available as of October 1, 2019.
12. Sponsor: Eaglemoss Inc. 315 west 36th street, 3rd floor, New York, NY 10018, USA.
13. Facebook disclaimer: Entrants should understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
14. Governing Law: To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or this Sweepstakes shall be resolved finally and exclusively by arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. IN AGREEING TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE VIA ARBITRATION, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A JURY TRIAL. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules and this Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.